Wednesday 15 October 2014

SFA

Have been taking a break from hacking lately, so not much to talk about around here.

Well partly that is because I started back at work a month ago. Not really getting into that either and it's been pretty tiring. I don't feel like i'm getting anywhere but looking back I delivered a good pile of stuff in a very short time so my frame of reference is just out.

Also did a bit of reading, played some games, threw a grand final party - although the game was a bit of a washout, cleaned the house for that, did some gardening and pruned the roses (which are really fantastic right now with big bunches of hand-sized flowers). Nearly bought a PS4 for driveclub during Bathurst last Sunday but BigW were out of the bundle I was after - I guess I will now wait for the next reasonable deal because i'm still after it. If it was something i worked on I would consider the game+engine a masterpiece of engineering although obviously not the broken online part - I would really be interested to know how they fucked it up and whether it's a technology issue, but I guess we'll never know. Not being fully functional after a week points to a pretty large architectural or technology problem and not just a typo somewhere though. I guess writing a twitter+facebook+realtime racing thing isn't all that easy after-all.

Been doing a few semi-interesting things with JavaFX for work but not really enough to blog about so far.

'later.

No comments: